M ay is celebration month for our preschoolers. Teacher Appreciation and Mother’s Day are both celebrated in May. Both these celebrations honor special people in the lives of a preschooler. Here are some ideas that will help teachers and Moms feel special, loved and recognized on their special days.
- Bring a special treat
- Write a note and/or draw a picture
- Give flowers
- Make a craft project
- Make a gift basket with their favorite things, snacks, lotions, perfumes, music CD
- Make a happy memories box—decorate a box or a tin and fill it with favorite memory pictures or written notes
- Make a donation to a favorite charity or organization
- Make a video telling your teacher or your Mom about a fun memory or something special that happened during the past year
These are just a few suggestions. I am sure children will have many other fun and crazy ideas to share. Fun and love are the important factors in children making the special people in their lives feel important.
Celebrating Pre-K graduation with a ceremony is a great opportunity to acknowledge learning and to recognize milestones and educational achievements. It helps give children a sense of accomplishment and pride. Teaching about graduation also helps children transition into kindergarten. Easing children into the transition to school is a huge benefit in their future learning experiences. Graduation is such a special milestone in a child’s life.
Let’s also celebrate successfully making it through another wonderful school year.
Have a great summer!
Mary Ann Bloom
Director of Early Childhood Education